Delilah Hamlin reveals that she was hospitalised following an accidental overdose on prescription drugs.
In a 28-minute-long Instagram Live, the model says she became “dependant” on Xanax and other prescription drugs prescribed by her doctor – which led to an accidental overdose.
She went on the pills in order to treat a number of physical ailments that she had been experiencing, however she details that her doctor overprescribed her.
View this post on Instagram
“He overprescribed me with one medication that one of my friends takes like 10 milligrams, and he gave me like 20 milligrams three times a day and then he gave me 3 milligrams of Xanax a day,” Delilah shares, “and then he gave me three milligrams of Xanax a day, so my body got dependent on Xanax number one, and number two I overdosed.”
“I wasn’t like a drug addict, but my body was dependent on it [Xanax] because of how much the doctor had prescribed me.”
“I didn’t mean to at all,” she continued. “I overdosed on this one medication called Propranolol. And I took Benadryl with it and for some reason, I ended up in the hospital.”
The 23-year-old found a treatment centre in Arizona and was excited to be helped and ‘cured’ of everything.
But, after having seizures, losing the ability to walk, and suffering concussion, she was declared a medical risk by doctors at the facility and was politely asked to leave.
Her dismissal from the centre hit her hard: “if I’m too sick for this place then I’m too sick for anywhere.
”She also previously checked into rehab in 2018 for depression and anxiety treatment.
Hamlin is now back home: “I would really love some support and some recommendations if you’re in the L.A. area. I’m on a really strict diet. I take a crazy amount of supplements to detox my body. I’ve been sober from alcohol for two months.”