J Balvin has apologised for the controversial music video to his latest track Pierra, which was taken down on YouTube last week.
Balvin, received backlash last month for the oversexualized depiction of black women, in the music video for his latest single Pierra.
In the music video, featuring Tokischa, the Colombian rapper can be seen tugging at two black women on leases.
Posting to his Instagram on Sunday, Balvin apologised for music video, stating that he never meant to offend anybody.
“I want to say sorry to whomever felt offended, especially to the Black community,” the rapper said in the video.
“That’s not who I am. I’m about tolerance, love and inclusivity. I also like to support new artists, in this case Tokischa, a woman who supports her people, her community and also empowers women,” he added.
Balvin also explained the reason why the music video for the track had been removed from YouTube, revealing that he himself had made the decision to take it down.
“As a form of respect, I removed the video eight days ago. But because the criticism continued, I’m here making a statement,” he said.
You can find more celebrity news on our website.”