Judge Rejects Harvey Weinstein’s Plea To Dismiss Case
Harvey Weinstein attempted to dismiss his multiple rape charges but the judge wasn’t having any of it.
Harvey attended court on Thursday morning but was immediately hit with bad news — his attempt at getting his case dismissed wouldn’t be happening.
Attorneys at the bench disputed the decision for around ten minutes but the judge has stated the trial will begin on March 7, 2019.
Earlier this month Harvey’s legal team sent off a letter which told the judge an email was uncovered; they claimed it shows one of the women alleging rape had attended Harvey’s film screening hours after the alleged rape.
The alleged email read, “Dear [REDACTED],
Harvey would like to personally invite you to tonight’s research screening of [REDACTED].
The screening is tonight at 7:30p at [REDACTED]. We have had your name added to the list as [REDACTED] +3. If you have any trouble this evening, just call [REDACTED]. Enjoy the screening!
Office of Harvey Weinstein”
In an alleged response from the victim, it said, “I’m going just with [REDACTED]. Thank you [REDACTED].” — Harvey’s defence, in summary, was that someone who claimed the allegation made happened, wouldn’t have sent such a response and attended the evening.
Rumours were circulating this week that Jennifer Lawrence would be attending the hearing, but those rumours are false. In a statement by Jennifer, she said, “My heart breaks for all the women who were victimised by Harvey Weinstein.
I have never had anything but a professional relationship with him. This is yet another example of the predatory tactics and lies that he engaged in to lure countless women,”.
Jennifer’s comment follows after an alleged comment made by Harvey said, “I slept with Jennifer Lawrence and look where she is; she has just won an Oscar.”.
The alleged comment was filed to support the upcoming trial.