As Friday once again rolls in, so does a host of new music for listeners to sink their teeth into.
This week’s most-anticipated release comes from Adele, who finally put her fourth studio album 30 out into the world.
30 – November 19 pic.twitter.com/vp6ornlda2
— Adele (@Adele) October 13, 2021
The twelve-song tracklist features lead single Easy On Me and track three – My Little Love – that combines music with raw, honest voice notes from Adele.
And towards the end of the record with track eleven, To Be Loved, Adele lays it all on the table in her powerful, roaring piano ballad.
American folk band The Lumineers released the third single off their upcoming album Brightside called A.M. Radio.
And 22-year-old singer/songwriter Lizzy McAlpine teamed up with Jacob Collier for her most recent release, Erase Me.
Getting in the Christmas spirit is Leona Lewis, who released the twelve-song album Christmas, With Love Always; a revised version of her 2013 record of a similar name.
And the festivities continued with Michael Bublé who dropped the 10th-anniversary edition of his album Christmas, covering many of the classics.
unCrazed’s New Music Picks of the Week
- Adele – 30 (We recommend: My Little Love, Oh My God, To Be Loved)
- Fred again… – Actual Life 2 (We recommend: Faisal (Envelops Me), Hannah (The Sun), Mollie (Hear Your Name))
- Leona Lewis – Christmas, With Love Always(We recommend: One More Sleep, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), If I Can’t Have You)
- Isaiah Rashad – The House Is Burning [homies begged] (We recommend: Claymore, True Story, Score)
- Lizzy McAlpine – Erase Me (feat. Jacob Collier)
- Leon Bridges – Summer Rain (feat. Jazmine Sullivan)
- Debbie – Is This Real Love?
- FLETCHER – Cherry (feat. Hayley Kiyoko)
- Will Joseph Cook – No Time To Be Alive
- The Lumineers – A.M. Radio
- Bear’s Den – All That You Are
Artist on the Rise
Tommy Lefroy is made up of duo Wynter Bethel and Tessa Mouzourakis who self-produce their ‘soft rock’ music.
The name is inspired by Jane Austen’s heartbreaker muse, Thomas Lefroy.
It has been somewhat of a breakout year for the pair, now based in London and L.A., after the release of The Cause really put them on the map.
Their most popular single to date, however, is The Shoot.
It is nearing one million streams on Spotify, thanks partially to its rise in popularity on TikTok which saw one of The Band’s videos using the song viewed 2.3 times.
This week, Tommy Lefroy released their debut EP Flight Risk.
It includes five singles and two never heard before tracks, Flight Risk and Trashfire; with the latter among the best of the bunch.
2021 has brought Bethel and Mouzourakis millions of streams on Spotify, and close to 200k monthly listeners – meaning 2022 can only get even bigger and better for a duo destined for greatness.