Fury and Joshua’s historic undisputed fight may be in doubts as US judge rules in mediation that Deontay Wilder has the right to rematch against Fury before September 15.
Prior to Weinstein’s decision, it was confirmed that Anthony and Fury would have their bout on August 14th.
Fury was scheduled to fight Wilder last year in a rematch for the belt after Wilder lost to Fury back in February 2020. Due to the pandemic the rematch was postponed.
Warren also has told BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme that, “Until we can reach an accommodation with Deontay Wilder’s people, I can’t say that [Fury’s fights with Joshua] will definitely happen.”
When Eddie Hearn was asked about the issue, Hearn said that, “That’s a problem and a question really for Top Rank, and Bob Arum.”
Deontay’s team have remained silent since the latest news.
Fury’s US promoter, Bob Arum has also declined to comment.
You can find more celebrity news on our website.