Nat Phillips Reveals Plans To Leave Liverpool
Liverpool defender, Nat Phillips, has revealed his desire to leave the club permanently in the January transfer window.
The centre-back broke into the first team last season when the club was suffering a defensive crisis, with the likes of Virgil van Dyke and Joe Gomez out with long-term injuries.
But, with the cavalry returning to the squad, Phillips has fallen down the pecking order and wants to leave in search of regular first-team football.
The 24-year-old is currently out with a fractured cheekbone that he suffered against AC Milan, but the winter transfer window could give him the opportunity to seek out a new venture.
Phillips has been told that, should the right offer come in, the club will not stand in his way.
“I want to be playing games,” he told Sky Sports. “It’s been tough because the competition to get in this team is fierce”
“The manager and I agree that the best thing for me is to play as many games as possible. I think you saw last year I developed well.”
He added: “I think at this moment in time, it’s unlikely that I’ll be playing lots of games for Liverpool, so if an opportunity arises where I get the chance to do that somewhere else and it suits everyone then it’s certainly something I’d be interested in.”
The transfer window opens on January 1 2022.
You can find more celebrity news on our website and iOS & Android application.