Over the weekend reports emerged that a number of Smith’s upcoming projects had been paused following the actor’s assault of Rock.
Projects such as Fast and Loose and Bad Boys 4 have all reportedly been halted.
Now, during an episode of The View on Monday, Goldberg has said she predicts Smith’s career will recover from the recent controversy.
“Some of Will Smith’s future projects are in question,” she said. “The question is does he have a path back? Yes, of course he does! He will be fine. He will be back. No worries.”
Goldberg’s co-host Ana Navarro also argued in favour of Smith’s comeback, saying she didn’t agree with Netflix’s decision to drop it’s planned Smith-starring project.
“None of us should be judged by our worst moment. We should be judged by our entire career.”
CAN WILL SMITH’S CAREER RECOVER FROM SLAP? After the actor resigned from the academy and some of his future projects are reportedly in question following the #Oscars incident, #TheView co-hosts discuss his path forward. https://t.co/65KouKy9Jl pic.twitter.com/VQeIiud1JZ
— The View (@TheView) April 4, 2022