Mike Posner is trekking the United States but yesterday ran into a problem that stopped his walk.
The singer-songwriter was walking across Colorado on Wednesday when he was bitten by a rattlesnake — he had already walked 16 miles that day and wanted to carry on for another 8 miles.
The baby rattlesnake apparently jumped out of nowhere and bit his left leg, which according to Mike, “That venom is no joke!” with the venom causing swelling to his ankle and required airlifting to the hospital.
View this post on Instagram
Whatup doe!!! Crazy day yesterday! I had just crushed 16 miles and was going for 8 more when I got but by a baby rattlesnake! 🐍 That venom is no joke! I got to the hospital and got the anti-venom in time. Shout outs to G and Mike from the chopper team 🚁 and Bo and Cassie and Whitney (my nurses). I’ll be here a few days and will not be able to walk for several weeks but enjoying the AC and the nice bed, haven’t had those in a while Hahahaha! Can’t wait to get back on The Walk! KEEP GOING!!!!!!
He received anti-venom just in time and expects to be recovering in the hospital for the next few days before continuing his journey, but at the moment he is appreciating the air conditioning and a comfy bed.
You can find more celebrity news on our website.